Verb(1) stay clear from; keep away from; keep out of the way of someone or something(2) prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening(3) refrain from doing something(4) refrain from certain foods or beverages(5) declare invalid
(1) Travel directly to the meeting venue and avoid any contact with susceptible animals and agricultural land.(2) We sprinted toward the massive building trying to avoid anyone that we may have met.(3) It was a lighter matter to interfere with freedom of contract and avoid covenants under seal.(4) you have to avoid being biased(5) The league also implemented a deterrent to avoid excessive use of instant replay.(6) he wants to avoid any trouble(7) There may well be something about me in person that leaves people cold and wanting to avoid me.(8) Limited tickets available so book early to avoid disappointment.(9) We introduced ourselves as refugees from Pakistan, to avoid excessive attention.(10) What is the best method for those who wish to avoid excessive sun exposure and dairy sources of vitamin D?(11) No doubt patients will avoid the place too if they have the choice.(12) Since I'm going to NYC a few days after writing this, we can certainly avoid those places.(13) avoid excessive exposure to the sun(14) he managed to avoid offending anyone(15) Fruit flavor is related to the amount of foliage on the plants, so avoid excessive pruning for best results.(16) to avoid confrontation
(1) to avoid :: untuk mengelakkan
(2) in order to avoid :: untuk mengelakkan
(3) avoid doing :: mengelak daripada melakukan
(4) can't avoid :: tidak boleh mengelakkan
(5) avoid each other :: mengelakkan satu sama lain
(6) avoid certain food :: mengelakkan makanan tertentu
1. keep away from ::
2. evade ::
3. dodge ::
4. shun ::
5. refrain from ::
menahan diri dari
6. forefend ::
7. keep off ::
8. nullify ::
avoid, avoidable, avoidance, avoided, avoiding, avoids
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Number three, to AVOID getting frustrated,
we take built-in breaks
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
I'll AVOID talking
to our friends entirely
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
I try to stay away from them
to AVOID good men such as yourselves.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
Why are you trying
to AVOID having sex?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
...and I AVOID contact with other people
on general principle.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
English to Malay Dictionary: avoid
Meaning and definitions of avoid, translation in Malay language for avoid with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of avoid in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "avoid"
What avoid means in Malay, avoid meaning in Malay, avoid definition, examples and pronunciation of avoid in Malay language.