Noun(1) bedding that keeps a person warm in bed(2) anything that covers(3) a layer of lead surrounding the highly reactive core of a nuclear reactor
Verb(1) cover as if with a blanket(2) form a blanket-like cover (over
Adjective(1) broad in scope or content
(1) A thick blanket of snow coated the earth and the tall pines I was surrounded by were heavily laden with white powder.(2) Local authorities will not have the right to issue blanket bans on gambling.(3) What will the impact of a blanket ban be?(4) The sky was gray, a blanket of clouds hanging in the sky, the beginnings of autumn chill in the barest puff of a breeze.(5) The city is the first thing I see from my bedroom window when I roll up the blinds of a morning, except on those days when it is shrouded in a thick blanket of damp mist.(6) In the 1960s, most countries imposed blanket speed limits.(7) The corridor is usually full of people puffing away and a thick blanket of smoke hangs in the air.(8) She now realized why bandits would choose a place like this to hang out, for it quickly got dark inside the forest, under the thick blanket of leaves.(9) The low temperatures, combined with the thick blanket of dust surrounding the embryonic star, means the process of star creation cannot presently be measured.(10) The thick blanket of depression stole around her, enticing her into the depths of a silent quagmire with it's sullen truths.(11) The sky was completely covered by a thick blanket of clouds.(12) But a blanket ban serves only to prevent the public from knowing what really happened last week.(13) It was just a general, unspecific blanket condemnation of that sort of thing, you know, to keep up appearances.(14) With this blanket ban on so many aspects of news coverage, you just don't know who to trust anymore.(15) Actually, there wasn't much to make, all she had to do was puff the pillow and throw the blanket over the bed.(16) That should blanket the spinnaker behind the mainsail so that there is very little pressure on it.
(1) wet blanket :: selimut basah
(2) electric blanket :: selimut elektrik
(3) fire blanket :: selimut api
(4) security blanket :: selimut keselamatan
(5) blanket order :: perintah selimut
(6) receiving blanket :: selimut menerima
(7) woolen blanket :: selimut bulu
(8) thick blanket :: selimut tebal
(9) heating blanket :: selimut pemanas
(10) space blanket :: selimut ruang
1. complete ::
2. total ::
3. comprehensive ::
4. overall ::
5. general ::
6. mass ::
7. umbrella ::
8. inclusive ::
9. all-inclusive ::
10. all-around ::
11. wholesale ::
12. outright ::
13. across-the-board ::
14. sweeping ::
15. indiscriminate ::
16. thorough ::
17. universal ::
18. international ::
19. worldwide ::
di seluruh dunia
20. global ::
21. nationwide ::
22. countrywide ::
23. coast-to-coast ::
dari pantai ke pantai
24. covering ::
25. layer ::
26. coating ::
27. carpet ::
28. overlay ::
29. cloak ::
30. mantle ::
31. veil ::
32. pall ::
33. shroud ::
34. cover ::
35. coat ::
36. carpet ::
37. overlay ::
38. cloak ::
39. shroud ::
40. swathe ::
41. envelop ::
42. mantle ::
blanket, blanketed, blanketing, blankets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
what's under the BLANKET,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
...a free man,
but also receives BLANKET immunity.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
I'll get you a BLANKET and a pillow.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
- What is it?
- It's a BLANKET with sleeves.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
in my closet
under a BLANKET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
English to Malay Dictionary: blanket
Meaning and definitions of blanket, translation in Malay language for blanket with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of blanket in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "blanket"
What blanket means in Malay, blanket meaning in Malay, blanket definition, examples and pronunciation of blanket in Malay language.