Noun(1) a partially opened flower(2) a swelling on a plant stem consisting of overlapping immature leaves or petals
Verb(1) develop buds(2) start to grow or develop
(1) He dragged his bags past us, and giving a distasteful look at me said, ├ö├ç├┐Want some advice, bud ?├ö├ç├û(2) Many of the carpets use flowers and wheels, both suggestive of a cyclical life: flowers bud , bloom, and then die, and their beauty is only ephemeral.(3) The tips of these aerial hyphae swell to form a vesicle, and layers of cells bud off of the vesicle.(4) new blood vessels bud out from the vascular bed(5) in certain limbless lizards and snakes a limb bud develops(6) Egg chambers bud off from the germarium, although they are abnormal.(7) This probably reflects the presence of stem cells in the nail bud rather than cell dedifferentiation.(8) Meanwhile, bulbs and seeds sprout, trees bud , and insects emerge and start consuming the tender foliage.(9) ├ö├ç├┐Because she's as head over heels as you are, bud ,├ö├ç├û James answered.(10) Cells with a small bud or tiny projections were observed.(11) And don't bring up Liz again tonight, all right, bud ?(12) Moreover, tetraploid cells do not bud or show abnormal mitotic spindles when placed in water.(13) Moreover, in flocculent strains such as 1278b it is difficult to distinguish between two adherent cells and a cell with a large bud .(14) In the absence of growth inhibition cells are smaller and follow the normal axial budding pattern of haploid cells, in which new cells bud adjacent to the previous site of cytokinesis.(15) But I can still give you a run for your money, bud .(16) At the time of tooth bud formation, each tooth begins a continuous movement outward in relation to the bone.
(1) taste bud :: deria rasa
(2) cotton bud :: Putik kapas
(3) flower bud :: putik bunga
(4) nip in the bud :: gigit sejak semula
(5) axillary bud :: axillary bud
(6) in the bud :: sejak semula
1. sprout ::
2. shoot ::
3. blossom ::
4. plumule ::
5. sprout ::
6. shoot ::
7. germinate ::
1. adult ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We both have people in our lives
who wanna nip intestinal polyps in the BUD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
Snake eyes. Sorry, BUD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
English to Malay Dictionary: bud
Meaning and definitions of bud, translation in Malay language for bud with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bud in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "bud"
What bud means in Malay, bud meaning in Malay, bud definition, examples and pronunciation of bud in Malay language.