Noun(1) a series of things depending on each other as if linked together(2) (chemistry, generally in an organic molecule(3) a series of (usually metal(4) (business, stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters(5) anything that acts as a restraint(6) a unit of length(7) British biochemist (born in Germany, 1906-1979(8) a series of hills or mountains(9) a linked or connected series of objects(10) a necklace made by stringing objects together
Verb(1) connect or arrange into a chain by linking(2) fasten or secure with chains
(1) The second time he did the trick with me, he pulled the chain ├ö├ç┬¬ and the links kinked up and caught together, preventing the loop from falling apart.(2) I reached inside my blouse and pulled out a silver chain with a silver ring on it.(3) When Maradona appears on Dancing With The Stars via satellite on Friday he is wearing two stud earrings, a heavy crucifix on a chain around his neck, jeans and a red T-shirt tight enough to keep no secrets.(4) In some lost hours we made a chain of chairs, balancing on two legs, and made them topple one after each other like domino tiles.(5) It's a chain of successful events strung together to accomplish one goal.(6) Beginning Jan.1 next year, officials said, the trial will become a compulsory regulation for all fast-food chain stores.(7) a chain of events(8) The central spine of mountains, a last fling of the Andean chain , are matted in rainforest, threaded with trails, cooled by waterfalls and home to more birds per square mile than anywhere in the world.(9) Always chain your bike to something other than itself.(10) Negligent intervening acts may or may not break the chain of causation.(11) And she will be wearing Steve's wedding ring on a chain around her neck.(12) A sibling showed authorities a pair of handcuffs he said were used to chain his brother in the basement, according to charging documents.(13) The offices of the two ministers of the law were at about equal distance, and resort was had to a surveyor's chain , to ascertain which was nearest.(14) So it's easier to build a lasting business if you make soap or run a retail chain .(15) Far ahead to the north, across a rock-strewn gulf, was a chain of low-lying mountains locked away behind an otherworldly wall of haze.(16) Then began the search for a chain or strong rope.
(1) supply chain :: rantaian bekalan
(2) food chain :: rantai makanan
(3) key chain :: rantai kunci
(4) chain store :: rangkaian kedai
(5) chain reaction :: tindakbalas berantai
(6) value chain :: rantaian nilai
(7) chain saw :: rantaian saw
(8) chain of command :: rantaian perintah
(9) daisy chain :: rantaian daisy
(10) gold chain :: rantai emas
2. series ::
3. mountain chain ::
5. string ::
6. secure ::
chain, chained, chaining, chains
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Bind him with every CHAIN you can find!
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
Can we please just go in?
My CHAIN mail's stuck in my underwear.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
Where's your CHAIN?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
Is it, like, a big one?
Like, a CHAIN?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
♪ Every dog that lived
His life on a CHAIN ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
English to Malay Dictionary: chain
Meaning and definitions of chain, translation in Malay language for chain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of chain in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "chain"
What chain means in Malay, chain meaning in Malay, chain definition, examples and pronunciation of chain in Malay language.