Noun(1) the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land(2) an overwhelming number or amount(3) light that is a source of artificial illumination having a broad beam; used in photography(4) a large flow(5) the act of flooding; filling to overflowing(6) the occurrence of incoming water (between a low tide and the following high tide
Verb(1) fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid(2) cover with liquid, usually water(3) supply with an excess of(4) become filled to overflowing
(1) The main cause of flooding in the city centre is the use of flood barriers beyond the city centre.(2) A flood of books about the man and his battles has appeared and the nostalgia has even given rise to a range of jewellery inspired by the gifts that Hamilton and Nelson gave each other.(3) In contrast, conventional hydropower technologies often rely on the construction of tall dams that flood the area behind them.(4) They believe that this report will embarrass the powers-that-be into triggering a flood of funds to tackle the ravages of heroin.(5) There doesn't appear to be a major drop-off of talent despite the flood of newcomers.(6) The first thing that needs to happen to create a flood of referrals into your personal training department is that you need to earn them.(7) his column provoked a flood of complaints(8) Once you break the rim of the bowl and the water pours in, it's not like an ordinary flood , where the water comes and it goes.(9) These include running off large volumes of silt-laden water during the flood season, from May to September.(10) In the village, as he meets his sisters and others among whom he grew up, a flood of memories overwhelms him, and he abruptly changes his mind about selling the property.(11) With flood irrigation, the water table near the creek is raised, that is, the amount of water in the soil is increased.(12) Many Poles recalled the devastating floods of 1997 when torrential rain then caused the river Oder to flood its banks.(13) Soon, the flood of refuges overwhelms the establishment, and all of the foreigners flee the war-torn nation.(14) Dissatisfied with these giants, Virococha caused a great flood , whose waters still remain in Titicaca.(15) Residents in Chapel Street and The Sands were evacuated to the town's Public Hall as the water level rose to just two inches below the flood protection barriers.(16) You need to know how to cut off your water supply in a flood .
(1) flash flood :: banjir kilat
(2) to flood :: banjir
(3) flood protection :: perlindungan banjir
(4) flood control :: kawalan banjir
(5) flood plain :: dataran banjir
(6) great flood :: banjir besar
(7) flood light :: banjir cahaya
(8) flood in :: banjir di
(9) flood level :: tahap banjir
(10) flood season :: musim banjir
2. outpouring ::
3. succession ::
4. flowage ::
5. overflow ::
6. alluvion ::
7. deluge ::
8. photoflood ::
9. flood tide ::
10. inundate ::
11. overflow ::
12. glut ::
13. pour ::
14. oversupply ::
15. deluge ::
flood, flooded, flooder, flooding, floods
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Plug it with rocks and ice.
Flood it and let it freeze.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
promiscuity rewards you with
the needed FLOOD of dopamine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
the security system
will FLOOD it in a few minutes.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
I understand how this will end,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
that have an apocalyptic FLOOD
as part of their mythology.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
English to Malay Dictionary: flood
Meaning and definitions of flood, translation in Malay language for flood with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of flood in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "flood"
What flood means in Malay, flood meaning in Malay, flood definition, examples and pronunciation of flood in Malay language.