Noun(1) any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.(2) psychological suffering(3) feelings of mental or physical pain(4) a damage or loss(5) the act of damaging something or someone
Verb(1) be the source of pain(2) give trouble or pain to(3) cause emotional anguish or make miserable(4) cause damage or affect negatively(5) hurt the feelings of(6) feel physical pain(7) feel pain or be in pain
Adjective(1) suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle(2) damaged; used of inanimate objects or their value
(1) Her arm hurt, her stomach hurt , her face ached on both sides, and she tasted the salty sweetness of blood in her mouth.(2) I got in the shower, the hot water seemed to away a tiny bit of my stress and hurt , though not much.(3) It was one of those spectacular injuries that doesn't hurt much but involves impressive blood loss that actually drips on to the ground.(4) On top of that, they're going to get a lot of guys back defensively who have been hurt by nagging injuries.(5) Raising tax rates would hurt the expansion and weaken the incentives that drive long-term growth.(6) He jumped about a foot into the air, startled that a girl he had hurt so badly in the past could still have any feelings for him.(7) At least in there she knew she could never hurt as badly as she had last night.(8) His head felt like it was on fire, and his whole body hurt with a dull ache.(9) The pain did not hurt him, rather it woke him up from a trancelike state of hopelessness.(10) does acupuncture hurt?(11) As one correspondent puts it, the message that hurt does not mean harm needs reinforcing.(12) her eyes reflected her unhappiness and hurt(13) While there was undoubtedly physical hurt , it is the psychological damage that rankles most.(14) Raising rates now would hurt economic growth in the US and stifle the green shoots of recovery in Europe.(15) The driver was badly hurt , but his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.(16) I was scared at the start but after a while you get used to the pain - you hurt your shins all the time.
(1) get hurt :: terluka
(2) to get hurt :: tercedera
(3) feel hurt :: rasa kecil hati
(4) hurt feelings :: menyakiti perasaan
(5) hurt heart :: hati terluka
(6) be hurt :: disakiti
(7) hurt oneself :: mencederakan diri sendiri
2. pained ::
3. wounded ::
5. distress ::
6. suffering ::
7. trauma ::
8. detriment ::
9. damage ::
10. be painful ::
11. injure ::
12. distress ::
13. harm ::
14. ache ::
15. pain ::
16. suffer ::
17. wound ::
1. doctor ::
2. fix ::
3. mend ::
4. patch ::
5. rebuild ::
6. recondition ::
7. reconstruct ::
8. renovate ::
9. repair ::
10. revamp ::
hurt, hurtful, hurting, hurts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
There are people who want to HURT me.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
Have they HURT you?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
I think the one that HURT the
most was Gorilla Fingers Fowler.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
I HURT Raj.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
Oh, it won't HURT my feelings.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
English to Malay Dictionary: hurt
Meaning and definitions of hurt, translation in Malay language for hurt with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of hurt in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "hurt"
What hurt means in Malay, hurt meaning in Malay, hurt definition, examples and pronunciation of hurt in Malay language.