Noun(1) the sound of laughing(2) a facial expression characteristic of a person laughing(3) a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter
Verb(1) produce laughter
(1) Time to actually talk to patients, make a fuss of the kids and have a laugh .(2) that's a laugh, the idea of you cooking a meal!(3) Kate's the funny, bubbly one in the group, so wherever they go they always have a laugh .(4) She gave a nervous little laugh , unable to hold his gaze any longer.(5) He had the same lopsided grin he sported to make people laugh at his antics.(6) If he was a bumbling character in a tv comedy he'd be a good laugh .(7) they had a good laugh over the row(8) it's not a matter to laugh about(9) they're good for a laugh(10) It was good to talk about it, have a laugh and clear the air.(11) Fun, light spirited and cute, you like to have a laugh , but never take a lot of things seriously.(12) we had a laugh about it afterwards(13) I have not heard an audience laugh so hard and so long in a movie theater in a long time.(14) Trying to make the audience laugh is perhaps not much more difficult than trying to explain why it laughs.(15) He looked back at his friend over his shoulder and laughed a short, hearty laugh .(16) I gave a mirthless laugh at her joke and continued my search.
(1) to laugh :: untuk ketawa
(2) laugh at :: ketawakan
(3) laugh out :: ketawa dengan
(4) laugh off :: ketawa off
(5) have a laugh :: mempunyai ketawa
(6) evil laugh :: gelak jahat
(7) laugh loudly :: ketawa dengan kuat
(8) make laugh :: membuat ketawa
(9) belly laugh :: ketawa perut
1. chuckle ::
2. joker ::
3. joke ::
4. laughter ::
5. chuckle ::
6. ridicule ::
7. express joy ::
laugh, laughable, laughed, laughing, laughs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Although, on the other hand,
babies LAUGH a lot and they're dumb.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
Not only did they eat together,
Leonard said he made her LAUGH!
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 24
Are you gonna LAUGH at the answer?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
Don't make me LAUGH.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
English to Malay Dictionary: laugh
Meaning and definitions of laugh, translation in Malay language for laugh with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of laugh in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "laugh"
What laugh means in Malay, laugh meaning in Malay, laugh definition, examples and pronunciation of laugh in Malay language.