Noun(1) a particular point in time(2) an indefinitely short time(3) at this time(4) having important effects or influence(5) a turning force produced by an object acting at a distance (or a measure of that force(6) the n-th moment of a distribution is the expected value of the n-th power of the deviations from a fixed value
(1) It should not be so difficult to say these things, but Sonia has been waiting for the right moment .(2) Your body shakes with excitement right up until the moment you step on stage.(3) He looked away for a moment but returned to steering the cart down the dirt road.(4) He rubbed his hand over his eyes wearily and thought for a moment before replying.(5) I do remember the door opening onto daylight, always a magic moment , and John inviting us all back to his place.(6) Nothing of any importance or moment was really happening, but it appeared to be.(7) Depending on your tastes, it was a golden moment in the history of British music or a cringe-making aural atrocity.(8) come over here for a moment(9) she was back a moment later(10) in a moment(11) The forthcoming convention on the future of a new Europe is going to be a key moment in the development of the EU.(12) He had been laying low for awhile waiting for the right moment to get his revenge.(13) I'll always remember that moment(14) It is therefore of little moment for the affected parties and, derivatively, for social policy.(15) She rolled over onto her stomach and paused, as if she was waiting for the right moment to move.(16) The event marked an historic moment for the school as it was the most money ever raised for a charity.
(1) at the moment :: pada masa ini
(2) one moment :: satu masa
(3) at this moment :: pada saat ini
(4) in this moment :: dalam masa ini
(5) from this moment :: dari saat ini
(6) a moment :: seketika
(7) for a moment :: untuk seketika
(8) for the moment :: buat masa ini
(9) the moment :: masa ini
(10) not at the moment :: tidak pada masa ini
1. little while ::
3. importance ::
4. minute ::
5. import ::
6. mo ::
7. present moment ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And if the MOMENT feels right,
see if you can cop a feel.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
But for the MOMENT,
let's stay focused on Todd Zarnecki.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
You do not possess at the MOMENT.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
The MOMENT a man lays with a woman,
they are married in the eyes of the Lord.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
Might I speak
with Lady Sansa alone for a MOMENT?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
English to Malay Dictionary: moment
Meaning and definitions of moment, translation in Malay language for moment with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of moment in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "moment"
What moment means in Malay, moment meaning in Malay, moment definition, examples and pronunciation of moment in Malay language.