Noun(1) (usually plural, usually with a bib and shoulder straps(2) a loose protective coverall or smock worn over ordinary clothing for dirty work
Adjective(1) involving only main features(2) including everything
(1) The sauce, though, was excellent, and overall the whole dish just about passed muster.(2) In places this comes across as chatty and anecdotal, but overall it's rather irritating.(3) Readers will then vote for one overall winner and two runners-up in each category.(4) What we must try to do is to judge the overall effect on balance.(5) Your Honour, I am doing this in a global way at the moment, showing the overall effect.(6) It is part of an overall plan for cutting the social expenses of the state.(7) There are winter fogs and mists, much as there are here, but overall I'd describe it as a good, bracing climate.(8) The cuts are part of an overall revamping of the company that has yet to report a profit.(9) But although his performance is excellent, the overall effect is curiously sad.(10) Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but overall the positives outweigh the clarinets.(11) He will also address the general outlook for the overall industry within the country.(12) The 2003 fourth overall pick wasn't ready, physically or mentally, to be thrown into the fire.(13) Chelsea put on a superb defensive display and were deserving winners overall .(14) The overall effect of the 2001 protocols was to require three times as many vets to do the same work as in 1967.(15) When he had done, his mug empty, he went to his wardrobe where he pulled out a clean pair of underpants and a blue overall .(16) I am talking about total output and overall patterns here, not exceptions to the rule.
(1) over all :: ke atas semua
(2) overall length :: panjang keseluruhan
(3) overall width :: lebar keseluruhan
(4) overall view :: pandangan keseluruhan
(5) overall impression :: gambaran keseluruhan
(6) overall dimensions :: dimensi keseluruhan
(7) overall balance :: imbangan keseluruhan
(8) overall cost :: kos keseluruhan
(9) length overall :: panjang keseluruhan
(10) overall plan :: pelan keseluruhan
(11) overall result :: keputusan keseluruhan
1. all-inclusive ::
2. general ::
3. comprehensive ::
4. universal ::
5. all-embracing ::
6. gross ::
7. net ::
8. final ::
9. inclusive ::
10. total ::
11. wholesale ::
12. complete ::
14. global ::
15. worldwide ::
di seluruh dunia
16. boilersuit ::
19. in general ::
20. altogether ::
21. all in all ::
semua di dalam semua
22. on balance ::
23. on average ::
24. for the most part ::
untuk kebanyakan bahagian
25. in the main ::
di dalam utama
26. on the whole ::
27. by and large ::
oleh dan besar
28. to a large extent ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
but my OVERALL impression?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
It was, OVERALL...
what's the word I'm looking for?
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
English to Malay Dictionary: overall
Meaning and definitions of overall, translation in Malay language for overall with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of overall in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "overall"
What overall means in Malay, overall meaning in Malay, overall definition, examples and pronunciation of overall in Malay language.