Noun(1) people without possessions or wealth (considered as a group
Adjective(1) deserving or inciting pity(2) having little money or few possessions(3) characterized by or indicating poverty(4) lacking in quality or substances(5) of insufficient quantity to meet a need
(1) Bedfordshire was rated weak by Government inspectors last year and poor at its previous inspection.(2) Tarleton says he lives poor for political reasons: he doesn't pay income tax.(3) And similar reasons are why abortion and childcare haven't penetrated this Far East in a very poor area of the world.(4) Pity poor Kenneth Welsh, with the weaselly demeanor only a mother could love.(5) she retired because of poor eyesight(6) And I couldn't help but pity the poor chap who finds himself grappling with one of these after a night out on the sauce with his hot date.(7) Should Munster lose, pity the poor man who moved the game to the capital purely for financial reasons.(8) Our first impressions were that it seemed a very run-down and poor city with an abundance of homeless people.(9) The reforms would widen the gap between rich and poor , creating a society of haves and have-nots.(10) we were very poor(11) After retirement, he is still serving the society, especially the poor .(12) She lives in housing for poor seniors and cannot afford to repair her own vehicle, which she says broke down four years ago.(13) The instruments trudge along at a snail's pace and the recording quality is poor at best.(14) Whether a place is poor or well-off depends not on the size of the town government building.(15) Pity those poor residents who put up with those conditions on a daily basis!(16) The place was poor beyond the conceptions of a privileged 21 st-century Westerner.
(1) poor baby :: bayi miskin
(2) poor thing :: kasihannya
(3) very poor :: sangat miskin
(4) the poor :: golongan miskin
(5) poor people :: orang miskin
(6) poor man :: lelaki miskin
(7) poor girl :: gadis miskin
(8) poor boy :: budak miskin
(9) poor health :: kesihatan yang kurang baik
(10) poor performance :: prestasi yang lemah
1. poverty-stricken ::
2. substandard ::
3. meager ::
4. unproductive ::
5. deficient in ::
6. unfortunate ::
7. short ::
8. pathetic ::
9. poor people ::
1. affluent ::
2. fat ::
3. flush ::
4. rich ::
poor, poorer, poorest
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That's POOR man's cocaine.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
He knocked the POOR kid unconscious
last time they were alone.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
I'd condemned this POOR,
innocent child to a horrible death
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
And pity the miner
That mines my POOR bones
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
Well, not that POOR?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
English to Malay Dictionary: poor
Meaning and definitions of poor, translation in Malay language for poor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of poor in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "poor"
What poor means in Malay, poor meaning in Malay, poor definition, examples and pronunciation of poor in Malay language.