Noun(1) a small figure of a person operated from above with strings by a puppeteer(2) a person who is controlled by others and is used to perform unpleasant or dishonest tasks for someone else(3) a doll with a hollow head of a person or animal and a cloth body; intended to fit over the hand and be manipulated with the fingers
(1) She was remembering how he had played her like a rag puppet being controlled by strings.(2) It is about leading one's own life. It is about not being the puppet or the slave of the choices and desires of others.(3) a former revolutionary hero who is now a puppet of the state(4) a puppet show(5) What people don't realise is that she is not just a puppet on a string.(6) Why did fate like to toy with their puppet strings so often, taking joy to their misery?(7) He could see the malevolent grin upon her lips as she snarled up at the man that was a puppet upon her strings.(8) Again, the elastic smile. She felt like a puppet whose mouth strings were being pulled.(9) He refused to sell his soul to the powers, he refused to be used as a puppet by those who control boxing.(10) He stuck five of them inside the puppet 's head to operate it by hand.(11) They yanked on her chains forcing her to bend and twist at their will like a puppet on strings.(12) Stars exploded in his vision and he collapsed like a puppet with the strings cut.(13) Stick a washed lolly stick to the back of the card and use it to move the puppet around.(14) Nicholas is just a pawn, a puppet for Wilson and that is just a temporary situation until Wilson is ready to strike.(15) We believe in the puppet as a completely separate entity from the puppeteer.(16) He was like a puppet without strings now, just sitting there, staring out the window.
(1) puppet show :: pertunjukan wayang
(2) sock puppet :: sock puppet
(3) hand puppet :: boneka tangan
(4) puppet theater :: teater boneka
1. marionette ::
2. pawn ::
3. tool ::
puppet, puppeteer, puppeteers, puppets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Toy stores, PUPPET shows.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
You're not a man.
You are a PUPPET.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
I hate that PUPPET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
...but at some point, something way worse
than a PUPPET is gonna pop out of that box.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
I did not return to serve as your PUPPET.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
English to Malay Dictionary: puppet
Meaning and definitions of puppet, translation in Malay language for puppet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of puppet in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "puppet"
What puppet means in Malay, puppet meaning in Malay, puppet definition, examples and pronunciation of puppet in Malay language.