Noun(1) a support or foundation(2) the position where a thing or person stands(3) a growth of similar plants (usually trees(4) a small table for holding articles of various kinds(5) a support for displaying various articles(6) an interruption of normal activity(7) a mental position from which things are viewed(8) a booth where articles are displayed for sale(9) a stop made by a touring musical or theatrical group to give a performance(10) tiered seats consisting of a structure (often made of wood, game or parade(11) a platform where a (brass(12) a defensive effort
Verb(1) be standing; be upright(2) be in some specified state or condition(3) occupy a place or location, also metaphorically(4) hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright(5) put up with something or somebody unpleasant(6) have or maintain a position or stand on an issue(7) remain inactive or immobile(8) be in effect; be or remain in force(9) be tall; have a height of; copula(10) put into an upright position(11) withstand the force of something(12) be available for stud services
(1) they shared a second-wicket stand of 135(2) And as sappy and clichÔö£┬«d as it sounds, I don't think I will be able to stand seeing Abby cry.(3) Layton was so excited his errant arm knocked the microphone from its stand .(4) Sir Donald Bradman's records still stand , especially his unsurpassed total of 5,028 runs in Ashes contests.(5) Trent, not being able to stand any crying at that moment, stopped her.(6) It is time to take a stand against the erosion of rights.(7) this was not the moment to make a stand for independence(8) display stand(9) Custer's legendary last stand(10) The official pointed to last month's unusually emotive call to the nation to take a stand against racism.(11) Women were denied the right to vote or to stand as candidates.(12) a hot-dog stand(13) Turn down the heat and simmer gently for five minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to stand and infuse for at least 30 minutes.(14) The stand we take will reflect the prevalent social attitude towards crimes against women.(15) Allow to stand for five minutes, then turn out onto a warm plate.(16) He smiled at her puzzled, then stood up, helping her also to stand .
(1) stand out :: menonjol
(2) stand for :: berdiri untuk
(3) stand-alone :: berdiri sendiri
(4) stand-up :: berdiri
(5) to stand up :: untuk berdiri
(6) stand up for :: berdiri untuk
1. attitude ::
2. opposition ::
3. base ::
4. stall ::
5. stop ::
6. copse ::
7. pedestal ::
8. tie-up ::
9. bandstand ::
10. rack ::
11. point of view ::
12. be on one's feet ::
berada di kaki seseorang
13. rise ::
14. be ::
15. put ::
16. remain in force ::
terus berkuat kuasa
17. withstand ::
18. endure ::
19. remain firm ::
20. resist ::
1. repudiate ::
stand, standee, standees, stander, standers, standish, stands
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Smart. Let's STAND
perfectly still and...
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
I couldn't STAND being in that hole.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
To STAND at a crossroads
where turning left means loyalty to a friend,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
literally can't STAND up.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
I STAND corrected.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Malay Dictionary: stand
Meaning and definitions of stand, translation in Malay language for stand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stand in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stand"
What stand means in Malay, stand meaning in Malay, stand definition, examples and pronunciation of stand in Malay language.