Verb(1) know and comprehend the nature or meaning of(2) perceive (an idea or situation(3) make sense of a language(4) believe to be the case(5) be understanding of
(1) I understand you're at art school(2) he didn't understand a word I said(3) Discovering how other languages work helps you understand your own better.(4) I knew you'd understand(5) They must take the initiative to understand indigenous languages and cultures.(6) I didn't understand a word of the German they were singing in, but that didn't seem to matter at all.(7) what do you understand by that term?(8) he couldn't understand why we burst out laughing(9) At the same time, the painting's title requires us to understand it as a view of New York.(10) She looked at me with no expression at all as if she didn't understand a word I'd said.(11) We understand that this constant credit information might become irritating for some users.(12) I understand that many of the resorts in the region have received cancellations.(13) Many believe his discovery will change the face of science and how scientists understand the very nature of reality.(14) I can't understand it!(15) she didn't really understand the situation(16) she wasn't married, I understand
(1) not understand :: tidak faham
(2) to understand :: untuk memahami
(3) understand me :: fahami saya
(4) try to understand :: cuba untuk faham
(5) hard to understand :: susah untuk difahami
(6) difficult to understand :: sukar untuk difahami
1. comprehend ::
2. appreciate ::
3. believe ::
4. read ::
5. infer ::
6. realize ::
7. sympathize ::
8. get it ::
understand, understandable, understanding, understandings, understands
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You have to UNDERSTAND something.
We're in a hospital right now.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
Well, like l say to her,
place sells as is.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
We want them to UNDERSTAND why
you could do something so stupid.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
I'm too stupid to UNDERSTAND.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Oh, I UNDERSTAND
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
English to Malay Dictionary: understand
Meaning and definitions of understand, translation in Malay language for understand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of understand in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "understand"
What understand means in Malay, understand meaning in Malay, understand definition, examples and pronunciation of understand in Malay language.