Noun(1) distinctive manner of oral expression(2) special importance or significance(3) the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people(4) the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch(5) a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation
Verb(1) to stress, single out as important(2) put stress on; utter with an accent
(1) In Samoan words all syllables are given equal timing with a slight accent placed on the penultimate syllable.(2) His lilting Anglo-Indian accent had the cadences of a lyre.(3) The accent is on making learning an enjoyable experience. ├ö├ç├┐Look, understand, absorb and learn├ö├ç├û is the new mantra.(4) But I don't care that he's really got an upper class accent .(5) She shrugged off her wet robe and pulled on a new one that seemed to accent her dark features even more.(6) I detected a strong British accent in her voice.(7) There was a mismatch between theory and understanding, when the accent should have been on continuous learning.(8) the accent is on participation(9) the accent falls on the middle syllable(10) She refused to meet his gaze, eyes resting instead on the gold accent of his navy blue coat, or the thick leather belt still decorating his broad chest.(11) Falimako is pronounced FA-li-ma-ko with the accent on the FA.(12) Mania, they were told, is simply the Italian translation of the word obsession, and anyway it's pronounced with the accent on the second syllable.(13) The accent is on natural materials - wood and stone.(14) Again, this contrasts sharply with the experience of middle class children who invariably speak fluent English, and with the accent of their locality.(15) Elegant accent marks can make any typical product name sound like a shimmering diamond mined from the fertile bowls of the finest dragon filled cave.(16) It is all about layering the textures and then maybe adding an accent colour to spice it up a bit.
(1) accent mark :: tanda aksen
(2) southern accent :: loghat selatan
(3) grave accent :: loghat kubur
(4) foreign accent :: loghat asing
(5) acute accent :: loghat akut
(6) circumflex accent :: loghat sirkumfleks
(7) local accent :: loghat tempatan
1. pronunciation ::
2. stress ::
3. emphasis ::
4. mark ::
5. dialect ::
6. accent mark ::
7. focus attention on ::
menumpukan perhatian kepada
8. emphasize ::
9. stress ::
accent, accented, accenting, accents, accenture
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I am Ykatarina Nazdorovya,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
[IN SPANISH ACCENT]
"Eh, please, Señor Saint.
Eh, no DEA, please."
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Yes, but it may just be
the Indian ACCENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
- What sort of ACCENT is that?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
Oh, good, an English ACCENT,
the sexiest ACCENT you can have.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
English to Malay Dictionary: accent
Meaning and definitions of accent, translation in Malay language for accent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of accent in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "accent"
What accent means in Malay, accent meaning in Malay, accent definition, examples and pronunciation of accent in Malay language.