Adverb(1) to the opposite side(2) transversely
(1) The two got together, and when Jim returned to the Bolton area, Maureen moved across the Pennines to join him.(2) they were goading each other across the table(3) he winked across the table at her(4) he had swum across(5) The main attraction is the Storms River and the suspension bridge that stretches across its mouth.(6) Ramblers celebrated the launch of new right to roam laws by taking a stroll across former no-go areas all over the north west.(7) I am not a celeb but as luck would have it, I have friends living across a wide geographical stretch.(8) Two young boys were playing football indiscriminately across the area with a plastic bottle.(9) It justifies a larger space and needs some benevolent soul to offer a venue and find the time to liaise with art teachers across the area.(10) they fled across the mountains(11) In fact, there was so much food that special tables were made for the occasion, about two metres across .(12) they lived across the street from one another(13) American troops spread out across the area yesterday to investigate what had happened and question witnesses.(14) Young men in white shirts and red sashes grasped each other round the shoulders to form a ring fifteen feet across .(15) Leading me back across the hall he turns to roar approval as his PR man taps some panelling to prove that it is not real marble.(16) Think of us as a bullseye the size of a quarter in the middle of a target 11 feet across .
(1) come across :: mencari
(2) across from :: seberang
(3) get across :: sampaikan
(4) across the street :: melintas jalan
(5) go across :: pergi di seluruh
(6) cut across :: merentasi
(7) run across :: berlari merentasi
(8) put across :: meletakkan seluruh
(9) across the country :: di seluruh negara
1. crossways ::
2. crosswise ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You've made thousands of enemies
all ACROSS the world.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
if we come ACROSS
fresh beef in the market.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
They're still having girls'
night ACROSS the hall.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
They're playing one
ACROSS the hall--
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
Twenty-six ACROSS is MCM.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
English to Malay Dictionary: across
Meaning and definitions of across, translation in Malay language for across with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of across in Malay and in English
Tags for the entry "across"
What across means in Malay, across meaning
in Malay, across definition, examples and pronunciation
of across in Malay language.