Adverb(1) with a forward motion(2) in accompaniment or as a companion(3) to a more advanced state(4) in addition (usually followed by `with'(5) in line with a length or direction (often followed by `by' or `beside'
(1) He shot through the gap and continued along the narrow lane that would eventually reach a main road.(2) Unless we're talking about immortality, it really is just one more progression along a road we've been on for hundreds of years.(3) This has turned out to be a truly fascinating project as it was easy to see progress at each step along the way.(4) They are often found in open areas with cliffs, and along rocky coasts and rivers.(5) there are shops all along the beach(6) The wall was eventually extended along the border between East and West Germany.(7) she sailed along(8) The bell rang for wake up call as she hurried along the passage to the showers.(9) she moved the meeting along effectively(10) It is a pity that a visit to this Park was marred by the presence of a lot of litter right along the new concrete path at the side of the Park.(11) He suggested that a strip of ordinary road surface be put along each side of the road for the horses to walk on, thus making everyone happy.(12) The lady returned to her side, her dress rustling softly as it slid along the smooth surface.(13) they asked how the construction was coming along(14) the river meanders along the border(15) I was hesitant about passing along this information for two reasons.(16) you'll pick up some valuable tips along the way
(1) a long :: yang lama
(2) get along :: bergaul
(3) along with :: bersama dengan
(4) come along :: ikut sekali
(5) get along with :: bersama-sama dengan
(6) go along :: pergi bersama
(7) move along :: bergerak bersama
(8) all along :: semua bersama-sama
(9) go along with :: pergi bersama-sama dengan
(10) bring along :: bawa bersama
(11) along the way :: sepanjang jalan
1. onward ::
2. as company ::
3. on ::
4. down ::
5. beside ::
6. on ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and all the horror
that goes ALONG with all of that.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
Oh, that's nice
you guys get ALONG.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
I just love both you guys
and I want you to get ALONG.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
...and the story moved ALONG
at a brisk pace.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
And I came ALONG and ruined it.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
English to Malay Dictionary: along
Meaning and definitions of along, translation in Malay language for along with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of along in Malay and in English
Tags for the entry "along"
What along means in Malay, along meaning
in Malay, along definition, examples and pronunciation
of along in Malay language.