- majlisahli majlisahli majlismajlis-majlis
Noun(1) a body serving in an administrative capacity(2) (Christianity(3) a meeting of people for consultation
(1) A report was given on the council meeting which was attended by two members of the guild.(2) This marked the first time Ireland had served on the council since 1981.(3) He said that he had been on the council for 37 years and no issue had ever received as much consultation and debate.(4) She is scheduled to formally open the advisory council 's standing committee meeting on Thursday.(5) council chamber(6) Although nominally only an advisory body, the council 's decisions are viewed in practice as binding and ignored by the government at its own peril.(7) He said it had not been possible to find a source of substantial funding to operate the vessel and, as a result, it would place a big burden on the council .(8) A few hours after the letter was posted on the council 's Web site, someone decided to take it down.(9) Stepping up the pressure on the council , White House officials said they wanted negotiations wrapped up quickly.(10) The staffing of the facility and the ongoing monitoring and reporting costs will also represent a continuing draw on the council 's resources.(11) Call a family council at some other time to work out such problems.(12) parish council(13) He has considerable years of experience on the council ; I feel he could do an excellent job as mayor.(14) This is exactly the reason why the Jerusalem council was called or convened.(15) She has no business in a family council only open to family members.(16) Incredibly, however, many on the council still refused to admit that the whole problem was the hundred acre coal fire merrily burning beneath the town.
(1) city council :: Majlis Bandar
(2) local council :: Majlis tempatan
(3) student council :: majlis pelajar
(4) state council :: majlis negeri
(5) works council :: majlis kerja
(6) council of ministers :: majlis menteri-menteri
(7) privy council :: dewan penasihat
(8) legislative council :: Dewan perundangan
(9) council chamber :: ruang majlis
1. local authority ::
pihak berkuasa tempatan
2. advisory body ::
3. meeting ::
council, councilor, councilors, councils
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
This is a Small Council meeting.
You have no position on the Small Council.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
or sit on the king's COUNCIL.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
Lord Tywin, it's a great honour to have
been granted a seat on this COUNCIL. I...
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
- I am a member of the Small Council.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
Uh-uh. I know the type. Cheerleader,
student COUNCIL, goes out with jocks.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
English to Malay Dictionary: council
Meaning and definitions of council, translation in Malay language for council with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of council in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "council"
What council means in Malay, council meaning in Malay, council definition, examples and pronunciation of council in Malay language.