Noun(1) a display of bad temper(2) a sudden uncontrollable attack(3) the manner in which something fits(4) a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason
Verb(1) be agreeable or acceptable to(2) be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired(3) make fit(4) insert or adjust several objects or people(5) be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics(6) conform to some shape or size(7) provide with (something(8) fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction(9) make correspond or harmonize
Adjective(1) meeting adequate standards for a purpose(2) (usually followed by `to' or `for'(3) physically and mentally sound or healthy
(1) The Edmonton author, publisher, and former social worker has fit that description for at least 25 years.(2) To leave now would suggest that he'd gone in a fit of pique.(3) A great deal of the power and impact of the preached Word comes from the fit between the preacher and the words being preached.(4) As the pieces start to fit together the characters' dilemmas begin to take on a different shape.(5) Normally I do not drink at lunchtime because all I am fit for is a siesta; evening is a different matter < g >.(6) Drawing a plan forces you to think through your project from beginning to end, what you are going to need and how your are going to get the pieces to fit together.(7) Again, I strongly encourage choosing pants with a drawstring or an elastic waistband for an easy fit .(8) Doctors will be regularly asked to demonstrate their competence, so that they are fit to practise throughout their lives.(9) It was clear that none of the six men who claimed to be at the warehouse could possibly fit the police officer's description.(10) What they didn't know is when or if the pieces would fit together.(11) And those who would seek to give us that kind of politics are very happy to indulge the patronising fantasies of those who think it is all we are fit for.(12) Neither of these men is stupid enough to believe that churches are fit to govern a secular society, unlike many of their junior colleagues.(13) Rhyann looked fit to kill, but it was nothing compared to Gavin's anger when Alex had first fallen under.(14) She has adjusted her services to fit the customer's budget.(15) It means a lot to me; I didn't exchange it for the correct fit because I wanted the original one.(16) The firm has developed mathematical algorithms to simulate fabric drape and garment fit .
(1) keep fit :: menjaga kesihatan
(2) fit in :: menyesuaikan diri
(3) to fit :: Untuk memadankan
(4) fit into :: muat ke dalam
(5) fit together :: serasi bersama
(6) get fit :: menjadi cergas
(7) best fit :: penyuaian terbaik
(8) fit to :: sesuai untuk
(9) fit up :: menempatkan sehingga
1. suitable ::
2. competent ::
3. ready ::
4. healthy ::
6. correlation ::
7. convulsion ::
8. outbreak ::
9. tantrum ::
10. scene ::
11. burst ::
12. lay ::
13. equip ::
14. join ::
15. match ::
16. qualify ::
17. suit ::
19. go ::
20. conform to ::
21. gibe ::
comfit, comfits, fit, fitful, fitly, fitness, fits
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
see if there's any scum in the dungeons
that might be FIT for service.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
They're the people
who just don't FIT.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
"Your honour, that bitch
is not FIT to raise my daughter."
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
I'm FIT to bear children for the king?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
Ha, ha. Well done. I have a feeling
you're going to FIT in fine, Dr. Koothrappali.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
English to Malay Dictionary: fit
Meaning and definitions of fit, translation in Malay language for fit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fit in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "fit"
What fit means in Malay, fit meaning in Malay, fit definition, examples and pronunciation of fit in Malay language.