Adjective(1) of or relating to lines of longitude(2) running lengthwise(3) over an extended time
(1) Since there are longitudinal variations in muscle activity in most fish species, data from the anterior and posterior regions of the fish must be considered separately.(2) Dormann and Zapf found only 10 studies that investigated work-related social support using a longitudinal research design.(3) Reed's figures show surface ornament, but this consists of longitudinal rather than transverse elements.(4) Last, it is important to note that the effect sizes for the longitudinal analyses in this study were in the small-to-medium range.(5) The dorsal longitudinal muscles (indicated by arrowhead) are clearly visible.(6) During the day, it has three dark longitudinal stripes that run the length of the body.(7) In quantitative research, unless the research is longitudinal in character, the person will be interviewed on one occasion only.(8) The cuticle of the anterior margin of each segment is thickened towards the interior of the animal in order to form a pachycyclus for the attachment of longitudinal muscles.(9) It might be argued that these reflections are somewhat risky, because the data from which the authors derive their findings are cross-sectional in research design terms rather than longitudinal .(10) This result is a particular problem for rating scales, which tend to be cross sectional, rather than longitudinal , in character.(11) Since he had a differentiated ectoderm separate from the gut, and also had a longitudinal layer of muscle and bilateral symmetry, he probably had some degree of motility.(12) Campylostoma exhibits rather rectilinear lateral longitudinal ridges whereas those of Corazzatocarcinus n. gen. are sinuous.(13) Knowledge of causal risk factors thus relies heavily on the results of experimental trials as opposed to even the most elegant observational, longitudinal research.(14) The religious orders study is a longitudinal observation of Alzheimer's disease in older members of the Catholic clergy.(15) The opening of the pylorus after it has contracted may represent, in part, the dilating effect of the contraction of the longitudinal muscle layer of the stomach.(16) In Drosophila, the presumptive central nervous system is specified at an early stage of embryonic development as two longitudinal stripes of cells, just dorsal to the ventral mesoderm.
(1) longitudinal section :: seksyen membujur
(2) longitudinal wave :: gelombang membujur
(3) longitudinal axis :: paksi membujur
(4) longitudinal fissure :: fisur membujur
1. longitudinal ::
2. lengthwise ::
3. fore-and-aft ::
English to Malay Dictionary: longitudinal
Meaning and definitions of longitudinal, translation in Malay language for longitudinal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of longitudinal in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "longitudinal"
What longitudinal means in Malay, longitudinal meaning in Malay, longitudinal definition, examples and pronunciation of longitudinal in Malay language.