- menaikupwardlyke atas
Adjective(1) directed up(2) extending or moving toward a higher place
Adverb(1) spatially or metaphorically from a lower to a higher position(2) to a later time
(1) Margins may, however, get squeezed over time by the upward trend in the price of oil.(2) As in the Eastern Region the upward trend in the number of young women taking drugs was also confirmed.(3) There has been an upward trend over the past few years in the number of people worshipping at the cathedral.(4) But the number of houses for sale remains relatively low, putting upward pressure on prices.(5) It looks like it wasn't actually an upward trend and that we're still remaining pretty stable.(6) However, this upward trend does not mean that the weather will be constantly improving.(7) The upward trend in lone parenthood has most affected the level of benefit receipt and costs.(8) The overall fertility rate also took an upward turn, taking us back nearly to replacement level.(9) Drought conditions across Europe are having an upward pressure on grain price.(10) The recent upward trend of body piercing has become a large part of the teenage fashion scene.(11) The conditions are in place for upward momentum from here but the market has not embraced this view, yet.(12) There may be upward spikes now and then, but oil mostly just gets cheaper and cheaper.(13) Mr Dennehy says this reflects a dramatic upward spiral in the number of assaults on prison officers.(14) With the real estate market growing by leaps and bounds, the upward trend of land rates will not change.(15) This price series was the key factor behind the upward revisions to the growth rate of the overall index.(16) The figures should reflect benefits from an upward trend in milk prices due to the weakness of sterling against the euro.
(1) upward trend :: trend menaik
(2) upward mobility :: kebolehan bergerak ke atas
(3) upward movement :: pergerakan menaik
(4) upward of :: menaik
(5) fly upward :: terbang ke atas
(6) upward slope :: cerun menaik
1. rising ::
2. up ::
3. up ::
upward, upwardly, upwards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...and I assumed my career would
continue on that UPWARD trajectory.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
English to Malay Dictionary: upward
Meaning and definitions of upward, translation in Malay language for upward with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of upward in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "upward"
What upward means in Malay, upward meaning in Malay, upward definition, examples and pronunciation of upward in Malay language.