Adjective(1) (usually followed by `to'(2) have the skills and qualifications to do things well(3) having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity(4) having a strong healthy body
(1) You need to have a strong squad to be able to compete in the top half of the Premiership.(2) we'll help you as much as we're able(3) she's able to use the new system(4) It is not known if any of the riders will be able to compete at the top level again.(5) They are allowed one magazine and they might be able to earn the right to have a book.(6) We have had a really hard year and I would have never been able to afford to pay for it.(7) It seems just wonderful to be able to take pictures of anything you want and post it.(8) In some ways not being able to drive now is analogous to not being able to read a century ago.(9) The translation was made by an array of the most able scholars and poets of the time.(10) The morning journey was relaxing and I was able to read a lot that will help me at work.(11) Mark has just started to be able to take a few steps but will never have full mobility again.(12) When you add in council tax and other bills we know we wouldn't be able to afford that.(13) She was able to break free and punch one of the men when two passersby came to her aid.(14) she's very able(15) I saw this movie on t.v. years and years ago and have yet to be able to find it in a video store.(16) He may not have been able to afford the art at the galleries but he met the people who could.
(1) be able to :: mampu untuk
(2) be able :: dapat
(3) to be able :: supaya boleh
(4) able-bodied :: dapat-bertubuh
(5) not able to :: tidak dapat
(6) not be able to :: tidak dapat
(7) be able to do :: dapat melakukan
(8) be able to see :: dapat melihat
(9) able to see :: dapat melihat
1. capable of ::
2. intelligent ::
3. able-bodied ::
4. capable ::
1. incompetent ::
2. inept ::
3. poor ::
4. unfit ::
5. unqualified ::
yang tidak berkelayakan
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Are you ABLE to have sex with men without
developing an emotional attachment?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 21
Nobody in this entire park
has been ABLE to regain
Westworld Season 2, Episode 8
Whatever we're not ABLE to do
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
New identities, new everything.
No one would ever be ABLE
to trace you.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
so, you know, we'll be ABLE to hold on
to most of Bogdan's employees.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
English to Malay Dictionary: able
Meaning and definitions of able, translation in Malay language for able with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of able in Malay and in English
Tags for the entry "able"
What able means in Malay, able meaning
in Malay, able definition, examples and pronunciation
of able in Malay language.