Noun(1) a detailed critical inspection(2) applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading(3) a written document describing the findings of some individual or group(4) a state of deep mental absorption(5) a room used for reading and writing and studying(6) a branch of knowledge(7) preliminary drawing for later elaboration(8) attentive consideration and meditation(9) someone who memorizes quickly and easily (as the lines for a part in a play(10) a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performer's technique
Verb(1) consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning(2) be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning(3) give careful consideration to(4) be a student of a certain subject(5) learn by reading books(6) think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes
(1) The catchment area for this study did not include any major metropolitan or industrialized cities.(2) It involves academic study as well as a gruelling daily round of training and matches across the States.(3) He points at Matthew, whose face is a study in transformation, indeed transfiguration.(4) The unintended consequences have already been the subject of much study in many books.(5) Training takes three years during peace time, as academic study is included in the first two years, which are spent on the island Cruxia.(6) It is important to study each situation carefully and respond accordingly.(7) Most advertisements that have held sway over the people are a study in contrast, he points out.(8) I went home to study(9) As with the Martelli, in this gentle, empathetic character study Degas attempts to portray his friend with honesty and truth.(10) You will continue your grade level study at a local school and there won't be any trouble.(11) Of the three books, this study may receive the most attention because of its methodology.(12) Group Awards can be completed during a year of full-time study or over a longer period of time.(13) Ira's face was a study as he approached the car(14) The city of Toronto was his backyard, and in many instances his living room, study , kitchen and bathroom as well.(15) Regarding the stirring of change to Canada's copyright laws, here's a quick study in perspective.(16) His development over the next few weeks was a study in boldness and timidity.
(1) case study :: kajian kes
(2) field of study :: bidang pengajian
(3) study abroad :: belajar di luar negara
(4) study room :: bilik belajar
(5) feasibility study :: kajian kemungkinan
(6) study hall :: Dewan belajar
(7) study skills :: kemahiran belajar
(8) pilot study :: kajian rintis
(9) field study :: kajian lapangan
(10) study law :: belajar undang-undang
1. learning ::
3. office ::
4. essay ::
5. discipline ::
6. sketch ::
7. work ::
8. survey ::
9. cogitation ::
10. report ::
11. work ::
12. learn ::
13. investigate ::
14. scrutinize ::
15. meditate ::
16. consider ::
17. canvas ::
18. read ::
studies, study, studying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, no, the STUDY refers
to romantic partners.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
won't let me switch my field of
STUDY to inflationary cosmology.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
the STUDY of flags.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
Oh, I'm an anthropologist.
I STUDY ancient peoples and cultures.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
from my behavioral
STUDY a year ago.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
English to Malay Dictionary: study
Meaning and definitions of study, translation in Malay language for study with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of study in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "study"
What study means in Malay, study meaning in Malay, study definition, examples and pronunciation of study in Malay language.