Noun(1) a signal transmitted along a narrow path; guides airplane pilots in darkness or bad weather(2) long thick piece of wood or metal or concrete, etc., used in construction(3) a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation(4) a column of light (as from a beacon(5) (nautical(6) the broad side of a ship(7) a gymnastic apparatus used by women gymnasts
Verb(1) smile radiantly; express joy through one's facial expression(2) emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light(3) express with a beaming face or smile(4) broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television(5) have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink(6) experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
(1) The data were reduced taking into account the neutron beam transmission through the quartz substrate and corrected for the background.(2) You can see the shiny mouldboards above and below the central beam of the plough.(3) A small lantern may seem like an odd item to include on this list, but Reid said lantern light makes a blood trail much more visible than the direct beam of a flashlight.(4) They smile at me and beam with pride at their young charges.(5) With her three pearl white parallel hulls she had a 25-foot beam .(6) a beam of light flashed in front of her(7) Good in all exercises, but excels on the asymmetrical bars and the beam .(8) In a Bose-Einstein condensate, a clump of atoms shares the same quantum wave function, just like the photons in a laser beam .(9) In all cases, they consist of a single tine removed from a palmate section of an antler beam .(10) The beam of satisfaction from the children after counting to 20 or writing the English alphabet on their slate perfectly is one I will remember for a long time.(11) The main beam of an Elk's antlers can reach up to 5 feet in length.(12) The system reflected the radar beam off the ionosphere to detect objects from ranges of 500 to nearly 2,000 miles.(13) The double doors to his room had opened slightly, allowing a stray beam of light to stream into the dark room.(14) The most usual Irish term for a balance in general, and also for the beam of a balance, was meadh [ma], which is the word in use at the present day.(15) Unfortunately, radar beam refraction over the lakes remains poorly understood.(16) In the event finals held Wednesday, Dong added the golds on vault, beam , and floor exercise to her all-around and team golds.
(1) laser beam :: laser rasuk
(2) high beam :: lampu tinggi
(3) light beam :: rasuk cahaya
(4) low beam :: rasuk rendah
(5) balance beam :: rasuk kira-kira
(6) electron beam :: alur elektron
(7) main beam :: rasuk utama
(8) beam splitter :: rasuk splitter
(9) beam of light :: pancaran cahaya
(10) narrow beam :: rasuk sempit
1. joist ::
2. ray ::
3. grin ::
4. radio beam ::
5. balance beam ::
6. broadcast ::
7. shine ::
8. grin ::
9. glow ::
beam, beamed, beaming, beams
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
One to BEAM down,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
The interference pattern was cool
when the electron BEAM was on.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
At least. Dude, why do you think
McCoy never likes to BEAM nowhere?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
...and deal with Sheldon or have a stranger
carve out your corneas with a laser BEAM?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
Perhaps it's time
you BEAM on out of here.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
English to Malay Dictionary: beam
Meaning and definitions of beam, translation in Malay language for beam with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of beam in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "beam"
What beam means in Malay, beam meaning in Malay, beam definition, examples and pronunciation of beam in Malay language.