Noun(1) an enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal; the principal organ of digestion(2) the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis(3) an inclination or liking for things involving conflict or difficulty or unpleasantness(4) an appetite for food
Verb(1) bear to eat(2) put up with something or somebody unpleasant
(1) The wheels seemed to be turning in his mind and Sally's stomach lurched with every passing second he kept silent.(2) the teams proved to have no stomach for a fight(3) It simply cannot stomach the sense of some form of autonomy.(4) The world did not seem the same place anymore, and he still had no stomach for magic.(5) she doesn't have the stomach to eat anything(6) In both the case of the adult and the chick the stomach cannot be filled more than a certain amount.(7) if you cannot stomach orange juice, try apple juice(8) From soundings I've taken inside the Labour Party, people cannot stomach a war and some are going to leave the party.(9) He was now alone, the smell of fried eggs and bacon still strong in the room, but he had not the stomach to eat.(10) His stomach tightens in a knot as he stumbles down the hall towards his bedroom.(11) Wombats are strictly herbivorous grazers; they have a simple stomach and a short, broad cecum.(12) The idea was that fibre fills the stomach and reduces the desire to overeat.(13) Have some solid food in your stomach before drinking.(14) Gastroplasty alone can cause vomiting when even tiny amounts of food stretch the stapled stomach .(15) His stomach tightened in anticipation, knowing he was finally going to talk to the girl.(16) After all, everyone needs food, and sooner or later, the stomach will rule.
(1) upset stomach :: Sakit perut
(2) stomach pain :: sakit perut
(3) stomach flu :: selsema perut
(4) empty stomach :: perut kosong
(5) stomach upset :: perut tidak selesa
(6) stomach ulcer :: ulser perut
(7) sour stomach :: perut masam
(8) stomach cancer :: kanser perut
1. abdomen ::
2. paunch ::
3. appetite ::
4. breadbasket ::
5. digest ::
6. tolerate ::
7. endure ::
stomach, stomached, stomacher, stomachers, stomaching, stomachs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If you give her three glasses of that,
she’ll have a running STOMACH.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
You don't have the STOMACH
for it, scurry back into hiding.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
With all the medication
I have an upset STOMACH.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
Get on your STOMACH now!
On your STOMACH.
Get on the ground!
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
I can't believe
I shaved my STOMACH for this.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
English to Malay Dictionary: stomach
Meaning and definitions of stomach, translation in Malay language for stomach with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stomach in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stomach"
What stomach means in Malay, stomach meaning in Malay, stomach definition, examples and pronunciation of stomach in Malay language.