Noun(1) the cause or intention underlying an action or situation, especially in the phrase `the whys and wherefores'
(1) why did you do that?(2) It perhaps explains why today I don't like to go to places that require me to use a map.(3) why don't I give you a lift?(4) A friend asked him why he went so far, and told him that there were plenty of others just as good nearer his home.(5) It is not enough to know the result of something, because it is necessary to figure out the reason why .(6) People said, "That's outrageous, why , that's silly. Common sense says that can't possibly be the truth.(7) Perhaps this explains why Chan was rejected by Richmond voters at the last election.(8) They are part of the reason why he turned down jobs outside of Dundee.(9) why is it that I have to do everything around here?(10) Perhaps that's why they didn't seem to have any true sympathy for how I felt.(11) why, that's absurd!(12) why not give it a rest?(13) Perhaps that's why they end up doing rather director-led conceptual stagings.(14) Perhaps it's why the West Coast has more helicopters than anywhere else in the country.(15) Perhaps this is why the twin towers did not inspire the same sort of affection reserved for other New York landmarks.(16) That was seen as the reason why previous moves by the bank had been attacked by media and politicians.
(1) why not :: kenapa tidak
(2) that's why :: itulah sebabnya
(3) that is why :: itulah sebabnya
(4) why is that :: kenapa begitu
(5) why so :: kenapa begitu
(6) the reason why :: sebab mengapa
(7) reason why :: sebab mengapa
1. how come ::
Macam mana boleh jadi
2. for what reason ::
untuk apa sebab
3. for what purpose ::
untuk tujuan apa
4. what for ::
5. to what end ::
apa yang akhir
6. wherefore ::
oleh kerana itu
7. wherefore ::
oleh kerana itu
whee, why, whys
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I mean, WHY, in particular,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
I know, WHY don't I get you a job...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
Why did he have an anxiety attack?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
Why can't Leonard understand it?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 13
English to Malay Dictionary: why
Meaning and definitions of why, translation in Malay language for why with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of why in Malay and in English language.
Tags for the entry "why"
What why means in Malay, why meaning in Malay, why definition, examples and pronunciation of why in Malay language.